Characteristics of duck down
Since its application, duck down has been favored by consumers at home and abroad for its light weight, warmth, moisture resistance, radiation protection and many other excellent properties.
From the perspective of thermal insulation, the research results published by French scientific research institutions believe that: at present, there is no thermal insulation material in the world that exceeds the thermal performance of duck down, because duck down is a star shaped structure, and each down silk can be seen under a magnifying glass to be fish scale like, with countless tiny pores, containing a large amount of static air. Due to the lowest air conductivity, it is formed Duck down has good warmth retention and elasticity. When tested with duck down with 50% down content, its light and fluffy degree is 2.5 times of cotton and 2.2 times of wool. Therefore, duck down quilt is not only soft and warm, but also has good skin touch.
From the perspective of moisture absorption and divergence, the natural brand duck down also has the good performance of moisture absorption and divergence that other thermal insulation materials do not have. According to the measurement, people's body continuously radiates sweat during sleep. About 100g of sweat is emitted by an adult in one night. Duck down can absorb and discharge the sweat released by people continuously, so that the body does not feel damp and stuffy.
Classification of duck down
Duck down can be divided into white down and gray down according to the color. Of course, there are also black velvet produced by Icelandic down ducks. But the price and use of the two are not exactly the same. Duck down is derived from naturally growing ducks, and there are great differences in individual (Group) body. In addition, it is also affected by many factors such as region, season, feeding mode, duck age and production and processing, which makes the morphological characteristics of the two varieties quite different. Even the same breed also has inherent differences. The types and characteristics of down are as follows:
(1) Duck down: including white duck down and gray duck down. Its down flower and feather stem are worse than goose down, but its quality, elasticity and warmth retention are very high;
(2) Goose duck mixed down: the fluffy flower is general, the elasticity is poor, but the warmth retention is good;
(3) Flying silk: broken by wool pieces, poor elasticity and warmth retention, powder, inferior quality, easy to agglomerate after washing;
(4) Duck down can be divided into white and gray by color;
(5) In addition to the top, duck down can also be divided into southern down and Northern down. Generally speaking, the down produced in the north is larger than that in the south, and ducks generally have a longer growth period. Therefore, the northern down is better than the southern down. The quality of duck down products mainly depends on the standard down content and filling amount. Generally, the industry with the down content below 50% is called feather, and the industry with down content above 50% is called duck down.
Among the four natural thermal insulation materials, cotton, wool, silk and down, down has the best thermal insulation performance. In the compendium of Materia Medica, Li Shizhen, a great medical expert in China, also mentioned: "choosing goose belly fluff as clothing, quilts, soft and new cold nature, especially suitable for relieving the pain of infants." From the modern point of view, the health care function of down quilt is determined by its unique soft warmth keeping and moisture absorption and divergence. As far as the degree of warmth preservation is concerned, there is no thermal insulation material better than down in the world at present. Because down is a star shaped structure, each down wire can be seen under the magnifying glass to be fish scale like, with numerous tiny pores, containing a large amount of static air. Due to the lowest air conductivity, the down has good thermal insulation and is full of elasticity It is 2.5 times as light and fluffy as cotton and 2.2 times as much as wool when tested with down content of 50%. Therefore, the down quilt is not only gentle and warm, but also has a good touch to the skin.
Natural down also has a good performance of moisture absorption and divergence that other thermal insulation materials do not have. According to the measurement, the body of a person with constant sweating can release about 100 grams of sweat out of the body.
Goose down: large velvet flower, small feather stem, good quality, elastic foot, strong warmth keeping;
Duck down: the down flower and feather stem are worse than goose down, but the quality, elasticity and warmth retention are very high;
Goose duck mixed down: the fluffy flower is general, the elasticity is poor, but the warmth retention is good;
Flying silk: it is crushed by wool pieces, with poor elasticity and warmth retention, with powder, inferior quality, and easy to agglomerate after washing.